Avocado toast is everywhere, they’re are so many different versions and it’s so easy to make. My version is simple but tastes amazing. It’s a great way to start your day if you’re having it for a healthy breakfast, or a pick me up if it’s for a nutritious lunch.
You can make your own twist on the recipe by adding toppings to suit your taste. Cherry tomatoes add a sweet touch, or a sprinkling of fresh chilli if you like a bit of heat.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 slices of multiseed bread
- 2 free range eggs
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt
- On a high heat put a pan of salted water, bring to a simmer.
- Toast your bread in the toaster or under a grill until golden, then cut the avocado in half and squeeze out half onto one slice and the other half onto the other slice.
- Roughly spread the avocado onto to each slice of toast with a fork and sprinkle with a pinch of the pink salt. You can use normal sea salt however I find the pink salt gives a better flavour to the avocado.
- Now to boil your eggs, to the simmering water crack in your eggs. Then turn the heat off and wait about 4 minutes, the eggs should just of turned white but the yolk will still be runny.
- Add the eggs on top of the avocado, then serve with a wedge of lemon and a sprinkling of smoked paprika. Perfection!