Passionfruit is one of my favourite flavours and in cake especially it’s amazing. Perfect with a vanilla buttercream, or with some raspberry jam, or really delicious warm with vanilla custard.
Super simple to make, and all you need is an 8″ deep round cake tin and it makes the perfect size.
- 135g baking margarine
- 135g caster sugar
- 135g self raising flour
- 2 medium free range eggs
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp vanilla paste
- 3 passionfruits
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees and line an 8″ deep cake tin with baking paper, if you don’t have a deep tin then two shallow tins will work too!
- Firstly cut your passionfruits in half and scoop out the seeds into a food processor. Blend them until smooth, just so you don’t get any of the seeds in your cake but still get the lush passionfruit flavour.
- In a mixer bowl add your margarine, sugar, flour, baking powder and eggs. Beat for about five minutes until light and smooth.
- Now add in your vanilla paste and passionfruit juice, beat again until all mixed through.
- Pour the mixture into your tin and bake in the centre of the oven for around 20-25 minutes, it should be golden on top and spring back when you press the top.
- Leave to cool for about an hour then serve with your choice of topping!